"Linda Pagillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Please edit your text so it's not all one run-on sentence.
Arranging text neatly not only looks pretty, it ensures that the ideas
are communicated clearly.

> When i edited my sql.conf and radiusd.conf files to use the Mysql, i
> received this error... Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not
> found as i stated previously in my last post.

  And there was a reply with a solution for you to implement.

>  I researched this error
> and tried every solution given to me from other users, etc... it came to
> the point where i just uninstalled Freeradius completely and
> reconfigured it like this ./configure --disable-shared. then i tried to
> get it running in text file authentication mode once again. It installed
> correctly, and i edited my radiusd.conf, clients.conf and users files
> how i wanted them and then when i ran radiusd -x i kept getting errors
> for almost every module saying that entries were missing for all of
> these modules.. so i went through my radiusd.conf file and i commented
> out everytihng that had to do with these errors..

  Which was a complete and total waste of your time.  You should be
configuring the server to use MySQL, not deleting everything else from
the server.

>  So then i went in and decided that i was going to try to setup the
> Mysql and see what happens. Well, i put an "sql" entry in the
> radiusd.conf file where i needed them and i edited my sql.conf file
> accordingly, but i got an error about the sql module entries being
> missing.

  It helps if you post the *actual* error message.  We can't read your
mind, and we can't read your terminal remotely.

>  I could not find a way around this, so i went ahead and completely
> uninstalled Freeradius again.

  Which is again a complete and total waste of your time.  It's not a
Windows program, you don't need to re-install it if it hiccups.

> Now, this is where i'm at. Surely there are many people out there
> that have freeradius running with Mysql flawlessly. Can anyone give
> me exact directions on how i need to ./configure freeradius so that
> mysql works?

  My previous reply explains what you have to do to get FreeRADIUS
to know about MySQL.  Work on that stage first.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html