Hello Kaspar.

Kaspar Landsberg pravi:

The problem was that I didn't really know how to rectify it. But now, I got the EAP frame inside the tunnel to be handled as such (by fine-tuning the "users" file :).

You should attach you "fine tuned" users file ;).

  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 5
  rlm_eap: EAP packet type response id 1 length 28
  rlm_eap: No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns updated for request 5
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 222

What is in your users file at line 222 ?

  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 5
modcall: group authorize returns updated for request 5
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
auth: type "EAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 5
  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/md5
  rlm_eap: processing type md5

OK.. EAP found MD5

rlm_eap_md5: User-Password is required for EAP-MD5 authentication

You obviously didn't set the user password.

How can I tell freeradius to perform a system password lookup when EAP (in this case EAP/MD5 in the tunnel) is used (if this makes sense at all (if not, why doesn't it?))?

You have to set the User "aptest" with a User-Password entry in you users file.

DEFAULT User-Password == "test123"

Wrong.

DEFAULT User-Password == System

No :).

What you need is:
aptest          User-Password == "test123"

--
Lep pozdrav,
Rok Papez.