Greetings,

My radius server which uses MySQL 4.0.18-standard has been running fine for a few months until my /var partition got full. I had to move the data files from /var/lib/mysql to /usr/mysql.

After some config changes on the MySQL configs, the MySQL campe up running fine. An ODBC connection which I have had from a Windows box to the MySQL server works fine too.

However, FreeRADIUS would not connect to MySQL passing the following erro.

-----
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server [EMAIL PROTECTED]:radius
rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
-----

Obviously, I had to make sure that "socket=/usr/mysql/mysql.sock" was in the CLIENT portion of my.cnf file.

Here is my DB status output:
Server version          4.0.18-standard
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /usr/mysql/mysql.sock

Now, I can not figure out where in my system is a reference to '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'. It is not in radiusd.conf, or sql.conf.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
MS