On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Masoud Safi wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My radius server which uses MySQL 4.0.18-standard has been running fine for
> a few months until my /var partition got full.  I had to move the data files
> from /var/lib/mysql to /usr/mysql.
>
> After some config changes on the MySQL configs, the MySQL campe up running
> fine.  An ODBC connection which I have had from a Windows box to the MySQL
> server works fine too.
>
> However, FreeRADIUS would not connect to MySQL passing the following erro.
>
> -----
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
> rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
> rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server [EMAIL PROTECTED]:radius
> rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
> rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
> -----
>
> Obviously, I had to make sure that "socket=/usr/mysql/mysql.sock" was in the
> CLIENT portion of my.cnf file.
>
> Here is my DB status output:
> Server version          4.0.18-standard
> Protocol version        10
> Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
> UNIX socket             /usr/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> Now, I can not figure out where in my system is a reference to
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'.  It is not in radiusd.conf, or sql.conf.
>
> Any ideas?

If you are sure you 've fixed my.cnf then things should work fine. I would
suggest tracing the open() calls of the freeradius to check which my.cnf file is
opened by the mysql library used by the sql module.

> Thanks in advance.
> MS

Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Work Phone:             +30 210 7721861