The reason it failed is farther up the debug... read the whole output.
"rlm_eap_peap:  Had sent TLV failure, rejecting"

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Blackham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 10:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: PEAP-MSCHAPv2 and LDAP backend

I tried just editing the ldap settings and it pulls out the password and
the hash is exactly the same but it still rejects the user.  This is
from the debug:

rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for nhb5
radius_xlat:  '(uid=nhb5)'
radius_xlat:  '<PROTECTED>'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in <PROTECTED> with filter (uid=nhb5)
rlm_ldap: Added password EAC65B528A048695B20A771229A76215 in check items
rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
rlm_ldap: Adding acctFlags as SMB-Account-CTRL-TEXT, value [UX & op=21
rlm_ldap: Adding ntPassword as NT-Password, value
EAC65B528A048695B20A771229A76215 & op=21
rlm_ldap: Adding lmPassword as LM-Password, value
E4262816C09038B4C81667E9D738C5D9 & op=21
rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
rlm_ldap: user nhb5 authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "ldap" returns ok for request 7
  rlm_eap: EAP packet type response id 9 length 38
  rlm_eap: No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns updated for request 7
modcall: group authorize returns updated for request 7
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
Warning:  Found 2 auth-types on request for user 'nhb5'
auth: type "EAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 7
  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/peap
  rlm_eap: processing type peap
  rlm_eap_peap: Authenticate
  rlm_eap_tls: processing TLS
  eaptls_verify returned 7
  rlm_eap_tls: Done initial handshake
  eaptls_process returned 7
  rlm_eap_peap: EAPTLS_OK
  rlm_eap_peap: Session established.  Decoding tunneled attributes.
  rlm_eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response.
  rlm_eap_peap: Tunneled data is valid.
  rlm_eap_peap:  Had sent TLV failure, rejecting.
 rlm_eap: Handler failed in EAP/peap
  rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 7
modcall: group authenticate returns invalid for request 7

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html