Dear FreeRadius.org comunity,
We`ve got a problem during installation of FreeRadius server  1.0.0 for
use with the Oracle database on FreeBSD. The next sample of the config.log file
illustrates our problem:

orabsd# ./configure
configuring in ./drivers/rlm_sql_oracle
running /bin/sh ./configure  --enable-ltdl-install --enable-ltdl-install
--cache-file=../../../../.././config.cache
--srcdir=.
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 -pthread -D_THREAD_SAFE -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5
 -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG )
works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 -pthread -D_THREAD_SAFE -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5
 -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for oci.h... no
configure: warning: oracle headers not found.  Use --with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'oracle' disabled
updating cache ../../../../.././config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
As you see, we can`t compile the rlm_sql_oracle driver.
We were trying to install the FreeRadius server on a PC with Oracle client for FreeBSD
4.10-5.2.1(we tried different
releases of FreeBSD).
We tried to do the following steps:
1.
./configure --with-oracle-home-dir=<path to the oracle client directory>
./configure --disable-shared --with-oracle-home-dir=<path to the oracle client
directory>
2.
./configure --with-oracle-lib-dir=<path to the oracle client lib directory, to the
/rdbms/demo directory>
./configure --disable-shared --with-oracle-lib-dir=<path to the oracle client lib
directory, to the /rdbms/demo directory>
3.
we also tried to compile the rlm_sql_oracle driver alone in the installation
directory of the oracle client, but with no result.
Is it possible to install the FreeRadius server with oracle support on a PC just with
oracle client installed (without
basic installation of the Oracle database. we use a separate database
server with Oracle 9.2i)? If yes, then wich directory must contain the
oracle client lib files? If it`s not possible, then will it be
possible to connect to the oracle database located on a remote PC?

Hope to hear from you soon
with best regards,
Ivan and Valery
                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]