Hi,

we're using freeradius 0.9.3 an 1.0.0 on Solaris 8.

Authentication works fine. We now want to make use of the
"Simultaneous-use"-feature. AFAIR, the daemon is checking the
radutmp-file, if the user is already logged in and if yes, he then checks
the NAS.

My problem is, that freeradius doesn't write to radutmp, absolutely
nothing. As it first doesn't exist I touched this file and also checked
the permissions - no success.

I also tried running freeradius as nobody and as root - no difference.

Starting radiusd -X:

[...]
Module: Loaded radutmp
 radutmp: filename = "/tmp/radutmp"
 radutmp: username = "%{User-Name}"
 radutmp: case_sensitive = yes
 radutmp: check_with_nas = yes
 radutmp: perm = 384
 radutmp: callerid = yes
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Listening on proxy *:1814
Ready to process requests.

I also tried different locations for radutmp, in this case /tmp. No
success too.

Anybody any ideas, what I did wrong?

Thank you!

bye