Title: LDAP SSL won't bind??

Hi,

Does anyone have any problem for FreeRadius 1.0.0 to communicate a secure ldap server on Solaris 8?

There are my components:

FreeRadius 1.0.0

Openldap 2.2.15

OpenSSL 0.97d

Gcc 3.3.2

There is my ldap configuration:

ldap ldapssl {

        server = ldapx.njit.edu

        port = 636

        tls_cacertfile = /usr/local/radius/cert/xxx.perm

        Start_tls = no

}

There is my runtime log file:

rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0

rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0

rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection

rlm_ldap: (re)connect to ldapx.njit.edu:636, authentication 0

rlm_ldap: setting TLS mode to 1

rlm_ldap: setting TLS CACert File to /usr/local/radius/cer/xxx.perm

rlm_ldap: bind as / to ldapx.njit.edu:636

rlm_ldap:  bind to ldapx.njit.edu:636 failed: Cant contact LDAP server

However, I tested FreeRadius 1.0.0 on my RedHat Linux 9 with RedHat default installed OpenLDAP and OpenSSL, it could talk with my backend ldap server with port 636. At this point, I am very sure that my secure LDAP server is okay.

Any idea to fix my issue?

Thank you.

ming