From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 5:26 PM
Subject: freeradius with Mysql Data Base

Dear list:

This is my first experience with freeradius. I installed
freeradius-1.0.1.tar.gz into a Red Hat box 7.3 (it is old but I donŽt have
other option), however radius server is running OK. This week I worked with
PPP basic authentication and authorization options working clients and user
flat files and all is working OK.

IŽd like to use freeradius to router (Cisco) management access from my
users. I have some questions and IŽll appreciate your help:

1.- I have this lines in my cisco ocnfiguration:

aaa authentication login default group radius enable
aaa authorization exec default group radius

with the second line, when the customer login in into router he enter his
username and password and he receive a Router> promt for example, then if he
likes to access to enbale mode configuration, he type "enable" command and
the router ask for a Password.
 My question is: How should I to configure my user profile for this
operation? and where I to keep that password?, the pasword have to be the
same for all routers.

Now, IŽd like to work with MySQL database for a better administration. For
create my Database I used the db_mysql.sql script provided when I untarted
the tar.gz file, now:

1.- How should I to configure my freeradius to work with MySQL?

Thank you for your help.

EDWIN LIMACHI N.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html