Hi there

I'm running FreeRADIUS 1.0.1 and for this release (and previously 0.9x) have had a problem where radwho doesn't appear to always remove entries after someone has logged out.

We have a network of Cisco VPN3000 concentrators and use FreeRADIUS as the accounting backends. When someone logs in, their accounting details (i.e. START records) show up in /var/log/radius/radacct/ip.add.ress/detail, and radwho shows they're logged in.

When they logout/timeout, the STOP record shows up in /var/log/radius/radacct/ip.add.ress/detail, but *radwho doesn't always remove them*... I have checked out STOP records from ones that successfully got removed from the radwho file (i.e. radutmp), and cannot see any real difference between that and one that didn't update radwho correctly.

Is this a bug? As the detail file is correct, it does imply this isn't a network or frontend problem.

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417