Kenneth Grady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Then why would I be listening on port 1814? if it's a source port?
> just to see if someone is trying to break in?

  When run in debug mode, the server prints out which ports it's
listening on, and why.  usually:

  1812 is for incoming Access-Request packets from RADIUS clients
  1813 is for incoming Accounting-Request packets from RADIUS clients
  1814 is one of the ports used by the server when it acts as a RADIUS client

  It sends packets FROM 1814 TO the home server, port 1812.
  The home server replies FROM 1812 TO FreeRADIUS 1814.

  Having the home server send packets to FreeRADIUS ports 1812 or 1813
is a bad idea.  That's why it's impossible to configure that in
FreeRADIUS.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html