"Also sprach Anson Rinesmith:"

> >I particularly like this one (at end of 4.3):
>
> >   Attributes
>
> >         The Attribute field is variable in length, and contains a list
> >         of zero or more Attributes.
>
> >!!! Yeah. Are they trying to make a pastiche comedy sketch takeoff of
> >themselves?
>
> Section 4 is clearly describing PACKETS, a packet has fields. A field in
> packet that is transmitted, can be an ATTRIBUTE. True, it is a recursive
> definition, but this is not a difficult concept. Like an element in an ARRAY

No it is not a recursive definition.  They, like you, have confused
themselves between Attribute without an s and Attributes with an s.
Read more carefully.  They have written it wrongly.  They MEANT to
write:

      Attributes

            The "Attributes" field is variable in length, and contains a list
            of zero or more "Attribute" fields.

See the difference?  I won't explain it again.

> containing and ARRAY that has elements. Did you actually read the whole RFC,
> or just search for the word field and attribute, and go from there?

I actually read the whole rfc, unlike some people. But I don't see why
you should think I should!

Peter

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html