----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 9:02 PM
Subject: [radius] Re: FR ignoring case and Simultaneous Use

"Nick Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a situation with users being able to login using various case letters
in there logins and bypassing Simultaneous Use even though Simultaneous
Use is in effect.

Yeah... I've been discussing some changes to radutmp with Kostas that will also fix that problem.

 The issue is that the NAS is case-sensitive, so the server has to
remember what case the user logged in with, otherwise radutmp won't
work.  But the server is case in-sensitive, because you don't care if
it's 'dean" or "Dean".

 The only solution in the current server is to forcibly change all
usernames to one case.  "checkrad" won't work sometimes then, as it
will ask the NAS for "dean" when "DEAN" is the name used to log in.

Alan DeKok.

Ok what about setting the option in the sql.conf to force all users names to lower case when someone logs in, would that then force Dean to dean and Simultaneous Use would then work as it should?