Terry J Fike Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> and what i have gotten from the 8e6 is that an attribute needs
> to be added to the user, the attribute is Class (value 25?) and it does
> show up in the base dictionary file (but as requiring an octet value not
> a string which the 8e6 box wants).

  It's the same thing.  FreeRADIUS will accept things like:

        Class = "foo"

> This may be a stupid question (since
> i haven't read through the RFCs for radius) but would/could it cause
> some major problems if i changed the dictionary file so it expected a
> string instead of an octet?

  You don't need to.

  And besides, the dictionaries on FreeRADIUS hae ZERO effect on how
the NAS interprets the attribute.

>   Right now, as far as i can see, none of our
> NAS devices are using the Class attribute (as it doesn't show up in any
> of the accounting packets from the different NAS devices), but i thought
> i would check with those who know more than me before i go trying to
> break things.

  The Class attribute is supposed to be sent by the RADIUS server to
the NAS in an Access-Accept.  The NAS is supposed to send it in any
related Accounting-Request packets for that user's session.

  Can you get an explanation from 8e6 as to WHY they require a Class
attribute?  It's certainly not required for normal RADIUS operation.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html