> hello,
>
> i'm french and i don't talk very well english. exuse for my mistakes.
>
> I had installed a FreeRadius Server with realms.
>
> But, now i would like to install a secondary freeradius if my primary
>  freeradius fallback.
>
> For example: if  testuser want to auth, and  my primary freeradius
> didn't respond, i would like to redirect automatically the request to
> over freeradius.
>

> i have stop my primary freeradius server service (daemons  ??)
>
> I have tested : radtest testuser password localhost auth secret
> and the request is not redirect.How and where i have to specify (if the
> primary is down , so use the secondary at this adress). Also, i have no
> Access point or something like that. My NAS is the same pc.
>
> Thank you very much for all
> I hope you will understand my mail.

You can setup a proxy radius server to sit in front of your two radius
servers.  You then setup your NAS to contact the proxy server instead of
the main radius server or its backup.

in proxy.conf, you setup your realms, say your realm is domain.com and
then add two entries for it.  One is your primary radius server and the
other is your secondary.

realm domain.com {
        type            = radius
        authhost        = radius1.domain.com:1812
        accthost        = radius2.domain.com:1813
        secret          = secret
}

realm domain.com {
        type            = radius
        authhost        = radius2.domain.com:1812
        accthost        = radius2.domain.com:1813
        secret          = secret
}

In both your main and failover, you need to add the IP of the proxy and
its secret to clients.conf.

Now, when you NAS sends the radius request to the proxy, it will try to
proxy the request to your first server.  If it fails, it will mark it dead
for a specified time and then send all requests to the failover server.

Hope that helps

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html