>        __________            _____________
>
>       |          |   HOW?   |             |
>
>  <--> |  RADIUS  | -------> | /etc/shadow |
>
>       |__________|          |_____________|
>
>         Server 1               Server 2

I suppose there are always ways to achieve whatever you like. But the question
is: do you really _want_ that?
I'd rather suggest to install another RADIUS server instance on Server 2 and
let Server 1 proxy its requests to that instance. It can then talk to its
own /etc/passwd and shadow outright.
However, if you really want Server 1 to do that, you could make the file
accessible locally (via NFS or similar) and adjust the configuration of the
RADIUS Server 1 to look not in /etc but the directory where you have the
files imported into.

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingénieur réseau et système

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     tél.:      +352 424409-33
http://www.restena.lu                     fax:      +352 422473

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html