To: <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: Wireless MAC Authentications

It is related to your NAS and it is 'goodly' documented.

To get MAC Auth onMikrotik you'll have to enable Auth MAC and Auth MAC Password
in the HotSpot setup.

--- Chris Knipe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Before anyone jump and say this is related to your NAS, please just let me
start by saying that while my nas (Mikrotik) does support Radius, it is
badly documented. MAC Authentication is not documented at all.

Is there anyone who managed to get MAC Authentication to work on Mikrotik,
that can shed some light? Up to now, I have no idea what the check items
are, and the reply items I managed to get out of Mikrotik are not inside any
dictionary.

The reply items I have been provided:
# Wireless-Forward - not forward the client's frames back to the wireless
infrastructure if this attribute is set to "0" (Wireless only)
# Wireless-Skip-Dot1x - disable 802.1x authentication for the particulat
wireless client if set to non-zero value (Wireless only)
# Wireless-Enc-Algo - WEP encryption algorithm: 0 - no encryption, 1 -
40-bit WEP, 2 - 104-bit WEP (Wireless only)
# Wireless-Enc-Key - WEP encruption key for the client (Wireless only)

As I said, none of these are in any dictionary, these are the option names
in the router's GUI. I hardly doubt whether these are the right reply
attributes to begin with.

Hope anyone can shed some light for me.

--
Chris.