Hi, Dustin

You are absolutely right. There are no matched profile in /etc/raddb/users file
after NAS-IP-Address changed to 10.1.3.5. In my case, freeradius let user in.
It solve after I add the following DEFAULT profile to /etc/raddb/users file.

DEFAULT       Auth-Type := Reject

I don't understand why freeradius let user with no matched profile file in by
default.

Now I have to deal with another problem. My user profiles will be stored in
postgresql database later. I already insert mentioned profile into database but
don't know how to put DEFAULT profile to database yet. Now everyone in database
has full access to 2 AP just like before. :) Do you have any idea about this?

I am really appreciated for you help about this issue.

Thnaks,

Vincent Chen

---

> Thanks for your response. I am sorry that I didn't make myself clear. For
> account "Presario 2135AD", I first created this profile:
>
> "Presario 2135AD"       Auth-Type := EAP, NAS-IP-Address == 10.1.2.5
>                         Session-Timeout = 300
>
> As we can see, the request from 10.1.2.5 and profile say this account should
> connect from  AP at 10.1.2.5. Everything matches and the request accepted.
>
> Then I deleted the above profile and replaced with this one, tried to limit
> this  new profile only have access to another AP at 10.1.3.5.
>
> "Presario 2135AD"       Auth-Type := EAP, NAS-IP-Address == 10.1.3.5
>                         Session-Timeout = 300
>
> But when user who ownes "Presario 2135AD" certificate tried to connect AP at
> 10.1.2.5, freeradius still accept connection. Did the new profile say
>"Presario
> 2135AD" certificate owner only have access to AP at 10.1.3.5 now? Why
> freeradius still accept his requst from AP at 10.1.2.5? No mater what I do,
> this user can connect to both AP at 10.1.2.5 and 10.1.3.5. I can't limit
>this
> user connect to only one of these 2 APs.
>
> Any idea?

Take a look at the debug output (radiusd -X) and find where your users
file is matched.  Then look at those lines in your users file.  I would
guess that your user didn't match the 10.1.3.5 entry and then fell through
to some default entry.