On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 05:23:06 -0500
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i've downloaded the freeredius ver 1.0.2 and i am facing some problems
> regarding it's installa tion i am using redhat linux ver 8 can anybody tell
> me the detailed steps "HOW TO INSTALL " RADIUS SERVER AND HOW TO CONFIGURE
> IT
> WAITING FOO REPLY

 Well, instalation is pretty straight-forward, (read the INSTALL file) I
haven't had problems with it. The configuration bit is tricky and it
depends on what exactly you want to do with it.

   I recommend freeradius with postgresql. (read the src/billing/README
file in the source directory , too)

  For the things that you want to use the radius I recommend to use the
nas table; (readclients=yes in the sql configuration file) which should
look something like this:
id | shortname | secret | nasname | type | ports | community | snmp |
naslocation
1.2.3.4 (ip of device) | name (a name that you assign to it) | password
(clear text)  | 1.2.3.4 (again ip of device) |  type (cisco, or whatever)

  for the users you must use the radcheck table which looks like this:
id | username | | attribute | op | value
1 | Gigel | User-Password | == | password

  that's all you need to it. But no matter what you do you must have the
attribute 'User-Password' with the op '=='  or it won't work (I think it
should, but it doesn't).

If you want other attributes checked add them to the radcheck table.
Attributes you want replyed when the user is authenticated are written
in radreplay table which looks very much like radcheck.

 Hope I have been helpful
--
Siderite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>