I want to keep track in SQL of authentication requests. The radpostauth
table would be perfect, if it only had one more piece of information:
the identity of the system which sent out the Radius request. The IP
address would suffice as an identifier.

The problem is, how do i add that info to the table? I can modify the
table and add one more column, then i can modify the postauth_query in
sql.conf, but i do not know what's the variable to add to the query (i
tried %{NAS-IP-Address} but it's always 255.255.255.255).

Turning on accounting might be a solution, but that relies on the NAS's
cooperation, and i don't want to rely on that. I simply want to log, in
SQL, all incoming authentication requests plus their source IP address.
I am aware of the IP spoofing issues, i am not solely relying on this
data to know what happens where.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/