Michael Griego <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You should be
>
> Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Willem Eradus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >>#
> >>#with_ntdomain_hack = no
> >

> > I tried that.  Made no discernable difference.
>
> Be sure you're using the with_ntdomain_hack in the mschap module
> configuration, NOT the one in the preprocess module configuration.

Tried one, the other, and both.

Using separate creds in 'doze, I get this in the -X output:

rlm_passwd: Added LM-Password: 'users LM password' to config_items
rlm_passwd: Added NT-Password: 'users NT password' to config_items
rlm_passwd: Added SMB-Account-CTRL-TEXT: '[U          ]' to config_items
rlm_passwd: Adding "Auth-Type = MS-CHAP"
  modcall[authorize]: module "etc_smbpasswd" returns ok for request 0

Using WinXP's login info, I see none of that.  Instead I get:

  modcall[authorize]: module "etc_smbpasswd" returns notfound for request 0

Next test: I reconfigured the XP box for separate, manually-entered
creds again, entered a correct username, but invalid password.  Again
I got:

rlm_passwd: Added LM-Password: 'users LM password' to config_items
rlm_passwd: Added NT-Password: 'users NT password' to config_items
rlm_passwd: Added SMB-Account-CTRL-TEXT: '[U          ]' to config_items
rlm_passwd: Adding "Auth-Type = MS-CHAP"
  modcall[authorize]: module "etc_smbpasswd" returns ok for request 0

So clearly that output indicates a successful username match, and
just as clearly, setting "with_ntdomain_hack = yes" in the mschap
module does not strip the leading "GARBAGE\" stuff.

Ghod I just love 'doze :/

Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.