Um 04:27 Uhr am 15.05.05 schrieb Chan Min Wai:

> I'm working with freeradius that running EAP auth, the account info is
> with LDAP server.

> Just want to know what kind of Right did the freeradius need to have on
> the LDAP server so that the ACL on the LDAP server can be control.
>
> Also, I'm abit confused on the Password on LDAP, did we need to "READ"
> it or we just have to AUTH with it?

If you want to use any CHAP-like authentication method, Freeradius needs

  a) READ access (through some sort of proxy user) and
  b) clear text passwords.

If you want to use EAP-TTLS, you just need AUTH, but cannot use MSCHAPv2,
but are forced to do something else, like PAP (which is no problem inside
a TTLS "tunnel".)

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://sven.formvision.de/blog/