Alan DeKok wrote:

  The config.log file looks like most of the content has been removed.
i.e. when it says "checking for X", it should then contain lines
running gcc, etc.

Thats odd to say the least. All I did was simlink to the file itself, so something else must have upset the log - either that or there's something happened to my system.

I'll try deleting the source directory, extracting the tarball and starting again.

Thanks

--
Mick Tait

Bloody hell. This time it linked in and compiled cleanly. I have no idea what's different this time around, but hell its working so I'm not complaining.

Thanks for your time, and sorry to have wasted it.

--
Mick Tait