Peter Nixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Aside from tinkering with FreeRADIUS code (and running a large number of
production servers) I also tinker with and run pmacct which I highly
recommend as a netflow/sflow solution. We have a number of deployments of
both on the same Postgresql backend and as long as your DB server is specced
correctly you shouldn't have any trouble.

 That looks like a fantastic tool, which should be mentioned in the
FAQ, as "how to get protocol-specific accounting information".

 I we were suckers for punishment, we could write a radius plugin for
pmacct, so that the RADIUS server could see that traffic, too.  But
it's probably better to integrate things at the DB layer, rather than
the protocol layer.

 Alan DeKok.

It would be good to have all data imidiately accessible, that way one can use exec-wait and do accounting imidiately upon disconnect? Or am i missing the point? :)

i am just trying to share some ideas and do some brain storming. My idea was something like this:
1. user tries to authenticate
2. radius authenticates user and starts accounting
3. radius pulls netflow data for particular IP in some time intervals and inserts those into some database table

I am not very familiar with freeradius. I've seted it up to do what i want but don't have time to learn more :( so if i am missing the point please let me know :)