Hi!
I'm using Freeradius 1.1.3 under Debian Etch! I want to configure Freeradius with EAP-TLS in my network but there some problems with the certficate creation.

I get this message when i run the file "certs.sh" in the "docs/ freeradius/examples/" directory:

                ##################
                create private key
                name : name-root
                CA.pl -newcert
                ##################

Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
.............++++++
....................................++++++
writing new private key to 'newreq.pem'
-----
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
-----
Country Name (2 letter code) [AU]:State or Province Name (full name) [Some-State]:Locality Name (eg, city) []:Organization Name (eg, company) [Internet Widgits Pty Ltd]:Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:Common Name (eg, YOUR name) []:Email Address []:
                ##################
                create CA
                use just created 'newreq.pem' private key as filename
                CA.pl -newca
                ##################

CA certificate filename (or enter to create)

                ##################
                exporting ROOT CA
                CA.pl -newreq
                CA.pl -signreq
openssl pkcs12 -export -in demoCA/cacert.pem -inkey newreq.pem - out root.pem
                openssl pkcs12 -in root.cer -out root.pem
                ##################

MAC verified OK

                ##################
                creating client certificate
                name : name-clt
                client certificate stored as cert-clt.pem
                CA.pl -newreq
                CA.pl -signreq
                ##################

Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
......................++++++
.++++++
writing new private key to 'newreq.pem'
-----
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
-----
Country Name (2 letter code) [AU]:State or Province Name (full name) [Some-State]:Locality Name (eg, city) []:Organization Name (eg, company) [Internet Widgits Pty Ltd]:Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:Common Name (eg, YOUR name) []:Email Address []:
Please enter the following 'extra' attributes
to be sent with your certificate request
A challenge password []:An optional company name []:Using configuration from /usr/lib/ssl/openssl.cnf
./demoCA/serial: No such file or directory
error while loading serial number
11733:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('./demoCA/serial','r')
11733:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:354:
Failed to do sign certificate

I think the 6 last lines are important and i search for a "serial" file, but i doesn't exist. Are there other users with this problem? How can i solve this problem?

Mfg
Julian

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html