Alan DeKok a écrit :
mailinglists wrote:
Hello,
I use freeradius-1.1.3-1.2.el5 and freeradius-mysql-1.1.3-1.2.el5. the
mysql database (mysql-server-5.0.22-2.1.0.1) is hosted on a remote host
(both centos5).
When I use /etc/init.d/radiusd as root it starts up correctly. But when
the service is launched at boot time, I get this error-log :

  The server is configured with "user" and "group" in radiusd.conf, and
that user/group does not have permission to talk to the MySQL server.

I set a tcpdump on the mysql-server host, and during the boot of my
freeradius server, I see no traffic comming from freeradius host.
There is no reject in the firewall.
I've tried to put the radius rc.d script in S99 to start it as late as
possible, but nothing changes.

  It's a permission problem, not a boot order problem.

I also noticed that it doesen't seem to retry to connect to the database
later. Or is it after a long time ?
Is this a bug ?
Where is the retry time configured (I cant try to set up to 5 seconds) ?

  Re-trying when it doesn't have permission to connect won't help.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Do you mean that I must allow my user on the mysql server ? I don't think so, since there is no traffic from the freeradius to mysql at boot time. And furthermore, the user *is* allowed to connect to database from the free-radius host There are perhaps permissions problems on the freeradius hosts, to launch a particular process ? Please can you telle me how I can allow user/group to talk to the MySQL server ?

thanks
laetitia
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html