Was there any particular reason to remove the ability to specify what passwd and shadow file to use with the unix module? As the way the passwd module is processed I cannot get the same functionality that I currently have under 1.1.x.

Unless I misunderstand. the unix module can me used in the authenticate section where the passwd module can only be used in the authorize section.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: rlm_unix

Mark Jones wrote:
True enough but I am unclear as to how to do it with passwd and shadow
file and groups file.  Are there an example config that someone has I
can see to get a better understanding of what I have to do?

raddb/modules/etc_group has a sample configuration for reading /etc/group.

 If there are no passwords in /etc/passwd, you don't need to read that.

 The format for etc/shadow should be straightforward.  See the
etc_group example, and the documentation for the "passwd" module.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Internal Virus Database is out of date.