Greg Woods wrote:
On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:43 +0100, John Horne wrote:

Does something a bit more generic like 'yum list *td*' show you a list
of installed and available packages? It works for me on CentOS 5.2,

AAAUGH! I got it figured out. I was in the freeradius-server directory
when I tried this, so it turns out that "libtool*" and "*tdl*" actually
match directory names, so bash wasn't passing the wildcard to yum.
Wildcards passed to commands must always be quoted or escaped otherwise the shell will process it. Yum info is a classic case of needing to do this.
 Maybe
csh wasn't so wrong to always assume an unquoted wildcard meant you were
file globbing. Cost me a couple hours of wasted time (not to mention
looking like a moron on the list :-)
Nah! We've all done things like this more times than we care to admit. Welcome to the club, your turn to bring refreshments next time :-)

--
John Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>