Alan DeKok wrote:
  Why not also get the passwords from ldap?  Why use PAM at all?
Because LDAP isn't a very good solution for handling passwords, IMO. I prefer Kerberos in its simplicity.
  If you want to use PAM, you have to force it via Auth-Type.
Thank you, the problem for me is that I don't know where to squeeze it in. :)
  Because TTLS involves *two* authentication sessions.  An outer one for
EAP-TTLS, and an inner "tunneled" session where the real user-name &&
password is sent.
I am starting to understand that now.
  Follow my web site (deployingradius.com) to get EAP-TTLS working.
Once that's working, add LDAP authorization.  Then, add PAM to the
*inner* tunnel section.
I will.

Thank you!
-