Then create script for virtual disconnection :)

Tony Spencer wrote:
I'd rather not disconnect 4,000 users in one go.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:freeradius-users-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marinko
Tarlac
Sent: 20 November 2008 19:02
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: New entry for Interim packet

Create CRON script which starts 5-10 min after midnight (first day in
the month) and disconnect all active users. Then you will have
AcctStopTime information in your database and you can sum traffic from
previous month...

Tony Spencer wrote:
Hello

Our setup is as follows:

Centos 5.2

FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.2

MySQL Version: 4.1.20

We are using FreeRadius for our ADSL users and its working fine.

Except when it comes to working out the usage stats for each user at
the end of each month.

Its easy to do with all sessions that started in the previous month
and have a Stop status.

But it's difficult when a session rolled over to the next month
because the status is Alive.

We're trying to find a why to make FreeRadius:

Enter a new entry into the Radacct table for a session for an Interim
update

Mark the previous session with a stop Status and update the OctetsIn
and OctetsOut for that session with the current value.

Set the new session OctetsIn and OctetsOut at zero until the next
update and then it starts from the beginning again.

However we can't find a way of making FreeRadius:

Run 2 sql statements in the same update.

Set the new session counter to zero and not roll over the next updates
Octets.

We have found the following site:
http://www.netexpertise.eu/en/freeradius/daily-accounting.html with a
way of doing this within MySQL with procedures, but apparently this
only works with MySQL 5.

Having installed MySQL 5 on a test server and importing our Radius
database we tried running the first procedure but get an error:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'DECLARE COUNTER_LIMIT BIGINT(12)' at line 1

mysql> SET COUNTER_LIMIT = POW(2,32);

ERROR 1193 (HY000): Unknown system variable 'COUNTER_LIMIT

Has anyone any ideas on how to do what we require or has anyone had
any luck with the instructions on the URL?

Thanks in advance.

Tony