Hi,

now imho cisco switches don't support mac based authentication with freeRadius.

Have any solutions for my problem?:
i have server machines, if the power fails and returns, this server boot up, and the server services continues(nobody log in). I want 802.1x security on the network. I have a freeradius, and a cisco switch.

My ideas: - freeradius get request (Host/pass + mac address) form server through switch. The fRadius use JUST mac address for authenticate this machine(username not = MAC).

another idea:
- when server boot up send host/pass + mac, and in the freeRadius chech hostname and pass and accept the request if equals. It is seems good but i don't know the password. what password does the server send? nothing?
If i can set this password (once at all) it will be a good security.

I have no more ideas...

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html