Johan Meiring wrote:
Alan DeKok wrote:
Johan Meiring wrote:
Any idea when?

  There is no defined time frame.

  What is generating the CoA packets?

It will also be freeradius (on a different machine), the actual radius
server.

  In the short term, alternatives are things like shell scripts.

Looking at the source, I see that it can at least identify the packets,
but then ignores them, because they are not authentication/accounting
packets.

  It doesn't listen on port 3799, either.  That code needs to be added.

I dit a minor change, to not ignore the packet and pass it to the
accounting module, but then the accounding module crashed.

  Well... yes.  There are many, many, other changes that need to be made.

2) Is anyone aware of other software that might listen on the coa port
1700/3799, receive a packet, parse it somehow and call my script to
"disconnect" the client.  i.e. a "disconnect server". as per
http://wiki.freeradius.org/DM
  There isn't much.
Not much or nothing?

  None freely available that I know of.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

OK I did the following VERY LARGE hack....

Rember I need something that will JUST receive a DISCONNECT_REQUEST packet, run perl, and send back either a DISCONNECT_ACK or _NAK

1) I created a listen section on port 3799 in radiusd.conf for auth.
2) I changed main/listen.c by adding PW_DISCONNECT_REQUEST to the case statement to allow the packet. 3) I changed main/event.c by adding PW_DISCONNECT_REQUEST to the case statement to allow the packet. 4) I hacked main/auth.c to return a DISCONNECT_NAK/_ACK instead of an ACCESS_ACK/_REJECT.

Seems to work......

Comments?

Ok no replies.... I'm sure it so ugly that nobody's even interested.

Final question.

Instead of hacking auth.c to return DISCONNECT_NAK/_ACK instead of ACCESS_ACK/_REJECT.

Is there any way to force the return packet type (i.e. value that ends up in request->reply->code) to be a different packet type using rlm-perl?

Thanks!

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC