I have found a problem when FR reads back accounting data from the listener server. It seems that the User-Name attribute is being lost under certain circumstances. My guess is that it is related to the ":=" operator that is being user since the User-Name was rewritten by the hints file prior to accounting.

Snip from detail.work file.

       User-Name := "xxxxx...@myfol.com"
       NAS-Port = 84082688
       Service-Type = Framed-User
       Framed-Protocol = PPP

Snip from radiusd -X

detail_recv: Read packet from /var/log/radius/radacct/ImagineNet/detail.work
       NAS-Port = 84082688
       Service-Type = Framed-User
       Framed-Protocol = PPP

Notice that the User-Name attribute is missing. It is not out of order either (further down in the debug file).

I shut down FR and modified the User-Name operator on all of the listener files to be "=" and it seems to work fine.

detail_recv: Read packet from /var/log/radius/radacct/ImagineNet/detail.work
       User-Name = "xxxxx...@myfol.com"
       NAS-Port = 84082688
       Service-Type = Framed-User
       Framed-Protocol = PPP

I have tried FreeRADIUS 2.1.4 and a 2.1.5 pre release running on CentOS 5.3.

Jim

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html