From: freeradius-users-bounces+rudolf.susnik=telekom...@lists.freeradius.org
[mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+rudolf.susnik=telekom...@lists.freeradius.org]
On Behalf Of Nick Owen
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:58 PM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: Freeradius as a PIN server?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Peter Moreton <peter.more...@cbi.org.uk>
wrote:
> Sorry for the newbie question, but, quite simply, could Freeradius be
> configured to provide a simple 'PIN Server' ? - I want users to be
> able to choose a 4 digit PIN, and then have Freeradius validate Logon
> requests using the username/PIN combination (in addition to some
> separate LDAP
> authentication)
>

> Really, I am looking to build a lightweight 2-factor authentication
> system, without the expense of RSA SecurID or similar.

I'm afraid knowledge of a PIN and knowledge of a password is not two-factor
authentication, it is just more of a one-factor authentication.

Feel free to use our open-source two-factor authentication system:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version.  If someone wants to contribute
a freeradius rlm module using one of our api packages, we would greatly
appreciate it:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/downloads/network-clients

Nick

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication