We have a couple customers whose FreeRADIUS servers do not respond if a user
does not exist on their FreeRADIUS system. If a user authenticates using
username: idontexist and password: notarealpass the FreeRADIUS server does NOT
send an access denied response, and indeed sends no response at all. I vaguely
remember that this may have been an available setting on FreeRADIUS, but can
find no information about it on the internet. I have been unable to recreate
this problem in our lab and the customers who administer these servers seem to
be unable to find any explanation.

Please note I have no access to the servers that this happens on. The servers
are owned by customers of ours.

So basically, is there a setting that causes the FreeRADIUS server to not
respond to Access-Request packets if the username contained there-in is not
found in whatever database it is using?
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html