Si St wrote:
> From the following information I wonder why the radiusd is not
> responding.

  Read the debug log.  Really.  It's not hard.  Nothing else will help.

> Remember I am trying to log in with the radius from the PC
> where the radius is installed.

  I have no idea what that means.

> Here are the fields from this zone in the router:
> **ROUTER PART**
> "Use this section to configure the guest zone settings of your router.

  We don't need to see any of the router config.

> **CLIENT.CONF**
> Then I change the client.conf from localhost 127.0.0.1 to the IP of the
> router 192.168.0.1

  Why?  Why not just add a *new* section?

> **/ETC/HOSTS/**
> I put in a line in /etc/hosts/ (I am not sure if it is right or
> necessary:

  If you're not sure, don't do it.

> **YAST CONFIG FOR THE USERCLIENT**

  We don't need to see any of this.

> I try to start the radiusd -X with these changes (the previous test on
> localhost is successful: "Ready to process requests." And radtest test
> gives the right feedback:Sending Access-Accept of id 178 to 127.0.0.1
> port 1932,so this test part works)

  Until you delete 127.0.0.1 from the clients.conf file.

> Sending Access-Request of id 207 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
>         User-Name = "sigbj"
>         User-Password = "testing-0"
>         NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.0.198
>         NAS-Port = 0
>         Message-Authenticator = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
> radclient: no response from server for ID 207 socket 3
>
> and radiusd consequently:
> Ignoring request to authentication address * port 1812 from unknown
> client 127.0.0.1 port 1048

  Of course.  That's what you told it do to.

> Trying to login with the Knetworkmanager (KDE) on to the network gives
> no reaction on the server, server is just waiting, the knetworkmanager
> may blink or just dryrun.

  Then you have a networking problem.  Not a RADIUS problem.

  Go fix that.

> I have a feeling that the server is listening
> on the 127.0.0.1 instead on 192.168.0.1, but do not know

  The server listens on all IPs by default.  It prints this out in debug
mode.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html