Hello,

I'm experiencing an infinitely growth of memory footprint of freeradius process in our production environment (of course, in our test env. everything goes right).

Clients :
 - ~60 Alcatel omnistack OS6200 switches doing MAC Authentication (via EAP-MD5),
 - a few WiFi AP doing either EAP-TLS or EAP-PEAP.
 - Average load : 5 auth/minute

On my first environment production I used :
 - Server : CentOS 5.6 32 bits on VM, 2 CPUs, 512 Mb RAM
 - freeradius2 2.1.10-1 i686 packages
 - MySQL on a different CentOS 5.6 server used for NAS, postauth, checks, etc.

process get killed by kernel in less than 48 hours.

As it was not the latest freeradius release, I recently moved to :
 - Server : Debian 4 32 bits on VM, 2 CPUs, 256 Mb RAM
- freeradius 2.2.0 downloaded directly, and packaged on the debian server using this wiki page : http://wiki.freeradius.org/building/Build#Building-Debian-packages

process get killed by kernel in less than 36 hours.

As I cannot reproduce this on my test environment by using eapol_test, I suspect alcatel frames to trigger a kind of memory leak in freeradius.

I collected different things :
 - pcap of eap-md5 exchange between freeradius and a switch
 - valgrind log on my production server
 - pidstat showing memory usage of freeradius process

For now, i'm running out of new ideas to fix this issue...

Rgds.

--
Philippe MARASSE

Service Informatique - Centre Hospitalier Henri Laborit
BP 587 - 370 avenue Jacques Coeur
86021 Poitiers Cedex
Tel : 05.49.44.57.19

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html