On Nov 20, 2007 12:10 AM, Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "mike lewis" wrote:
> > Hi Team,
> >
> > I've just resolved an issue with installing kaa, and now I'm
> > attempting to test my usb dvb-t card in freevo.  I gather freevo-tvdev
> > is the module for this task..  I've run freevo and can now get a
> > display!  Yay for fading.  I've run freevo-tvserver and it runs fine
> > in the background (have no xml yet, and haven't looked at setting
> > channels etc yet).  but when i run freevo-tvdev it seems to crash with
> > a meaningfull error..
> >
> > ---
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo freevo-tvdev --fg
> > INFO system(65): Detecting TV cards.
> > ERROR __init__(1021): dvb detection
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tvdev/system.py", line
> > 86, in detect
> >     card = dvb.Config(i)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tvdev/dvb.py", line
> > 64, in __init__
> >     r = ioctl(devfd, IOR('o', 61, INFO_ST), val)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/ioctl.py", line 91, in ioctl
> >     return fcntl.ioctl(fd, code, *args, **kargs)
> > IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
> > ERROR freevo-tvdev(161): no active devices found, terminate
> > freevo-tvdev [options]
> > -c configfile       set config filename
> > --fg                start tvdev in foreground
> > --stop              stop running tvdev
> > --list              list all devices
> > --help | -h         this message
> > ---
> >
> > dmesg has this output at the time:
> > ---
> > [ 1209.098954] ioctl32(freevo-tvdev:4549): Unknown cmd fd(3)
> > cmd(80a86f3d){t:'o';sz:168} arg(ffa94abb) on
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> > ---
> >
> > But I'm sure there is a card there...  Yes.  Just tested with xine-ui
> > & kaffeine and dvb is working...
> >
> > Is there anything I've missed or have I just stumbled upon a
> > limitation of the ubuntu running on a ps3?
>
> Well, the whole tvdev needs a huge update, I'm suprised that it still
> works for some people. :)
>
> When I have some time I will create kaa.record3 and freevo-tvdev2
> based on gstreamer and the dvb code from our GSoC student.

Hi Dischi,

Looking forward to this update.  In the mean time I wonder if there is
any way I can get dvb-t over usb working? (What I mean is, is the code
*very* broken?  I thought you've been using this for some time now?)

My hardware died; and I picked up a ps3 to replace it.  I was under
the impression that a ps3 had enough "guts" to drive 2D (ie desktop or
video) at 720p; but my experience is not the case.  There is library
in devlopement to accelerate video scaling etc called spumedialib, and
there is a mplayer only driver which uses it.  This means my short
term goal is to try to get freevo2 working with it's native dvb-t code
(recordserver, straight to mpeg2 right?); and use the new mplayer vo
to drive it.

I wonder if this is possible given the current state of code, or if a
major rewrite is required before the tvdev for dvb will work?  If it's
just device discovery that's broken I should be able to hack my way
around that..

Mick