Hi

Is there a out of the box solution for streaming sopcast tv streams with freevo?

Because I couldn't find a solution I wrote some scripts for supporting this
feature by freevo commands and mplayer. Unfortunately there are some issues.
- When watching a sopcast stream for too long, freevo will 'crash' after
returning from mplayer/sopcast. The python process is running with 99% CPU (VIA
EPIA M) and has to be killed.
- Sometimes a stream doesn't start. Maybe the sleep intervall in sopscript is
too short for connecting or the stream isn't available at all.

little sopcast howto
0. get, compile and install sopcast

1. activate commands plugin in local_conf.py
       plugin.activate('command', level=45)
       COMMANDS_DIR = FREEVO_STATICDIR + '/commands'

2. create commands, e.g. for CCTV1 (Chinese television), under
/home/username/.freevo/static/commands as CCTV1.fxd

        <?xml version="1.0" ?>
        <freevo>
                <command title="CCTV 1">
                        <cmd>/home/username/.freevo/static/sopscript
sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/15102</cmd>
                        <stoposd />
                        <spanwm />
                        <info>
                                <content>CCTV 1</content>
                        </info>
                </command>
        </freevo>

3. create the script mentioned in CCTV1.fxd under '<cmd> as
/home/username/.freevo/static/sopscript

       #!/bin/sh
       /usr/bin/sp-sc $1 44008 38139 &
       sleep 25s
       /usr/bin/mplayer -fs fullscreen 'http://127.0.0.1:38139'
       kill $(pgrep sp-sc)
       kill $(pgrep wget)
       kill $(pgrep mplayer)

Any comments on my 'workaround'?

Question: in local_conf.py you can configure a command that is executed befor
starting and after finishing a movie. Is it possible to have such a feature
within a movie FXD? Maybe then I could get rid of the freevo commands.

Thanks
Markus