Ignacio Quezada schrieb:
> El dom, 22-06-2008 a las 22:42 +0200, Markus Wittenberg escribió:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm using freevo 1.8.1 on Ubuntu Hardy. To start freevo automatically I'm
>> using
>> the 'Boot directly into Freevo: Using GDM' solution
>> (http://doc.freevo.org/BootFreevo).
>>
>> Usually the computer should go sleeping. This works fine when gdm is running
>> and
>> freevo is started manually. When hitting the sleep button the computer falls
>> into sleep. When waked up Ubuntu and freevo come up again without any
>> problem.
>>
>> Now the problem. When freevo is started directly and I hit the sleep button
>> on
>> my keyboard nothing happens. I guess in this case there is no (gdm) sleep
>> functionality available. Any idea how I can change the configuration within
>> gdm
>> or Ubuntu to make this possible?
>>
>> Thanks and regards, Markus
>
> I think the problem is in the gnome-power-manager. Try to set-up ACPI
> daemon to handle that kind of keyboard events.

Using ACPI was not successful but I found a better solution.
I still use automatic login with /etc/gdm/gdm.conf but I don't boot into freevo
directly. The file ~/.dmrc keeps unchanged to start gnome as usual.
[Desktop]
Session=gnome

In ~/.config/autostart/ you have to create a new file freevo.desktop.
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Freevo
Comment=Freevo
Icon=
Exec=freevo
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;XFCE

If you would like to have freevo started for all users use the directory
'/etc/xdg/autostart/freevo.desktop' instead to store this file. You have to be
root.

When you configure freevo to start in fullscreen mode everything is perfect.
freevo will start up after booting the computer. Advantages of this solution:
- you can toggle fullscreen mode
- you have a full featured gnome session
- remote desktop is supported
- using the sleep button of the keyboard works perfectly
- many more

Thanks and regards
Markus