Ignacio Quezada schrieb:
> El sáb, 28-06-2008 a las 16:56 +0200, Markus Wittenberg escribió:
>> Ignacio Quezada schrieb:

>>> I think the problem is in the gnome-power-manager. Try to set-up ACPI
>>> daemon to handle that kind of keyboard events.
>>>
>> Using ACPI was not successful but I found a better solution.
>> I still use automatic login with /etc/gdm/gdm.conf but I don't boot into
>> freevo
>> directly. The file ~/.dmrc keeps unchanged to start gnome as usual.
>> [Desktop]
>> Session=gnome
>>
>> In ~/.config/autostart/ you have to create a new file freevo.desktop.
>> [Desktop Entry]
>> Encoding=UTF-8
>> Name=Freevo
>> Comment=Freevo
>> Icon=
>> Exec=freevo
>> Terminal=false
>> Type=Application
>> Categories=
>> OnlyShowIn=GNOME;XFCE
>>
>> If you would like to have freevo started for all users use the directory
>> '/etc/xdg/autostart/freevo.desktop' instead to store this file. You have to
>> be root.
>>
>> When you configure freevo to start in fullscreen mode everything is perfect.
>> freevo will start up after booting the computer. Advantages of this solution:
>> - you can toggle fullscreen mode
>> - you have a full featured gnome session
>> - remote desktop is supported
>> - using the sleep button of the keyboard works perfectly
>> - many more
>>
>> Thanks and regards
>> Markus
>
> omg, how much memory do you use?
> $ top | grep Mem
> I think if yo set up acpi, it should work better.
>
> Anyway, congratulatios.
>
> Regards.

Mem:   1001972k total,   593556k used,   408416k free,    16596k buffers

Comment: at this moment the complete media library is not loaded.

I tried to setup acpi. When using '/etc/acpi/sleep.sh' (Ubuntu Hardy) I noticed
problems with my hard disk maybe because of the hdparm commands in this script.

I also like to toggle freevo from fullscreen to window because there is always
something to edit or to configure. When booting directly into freevo I always
had to log out and log in sitting in front of my tv. Using remote desktop is
another benefit so I can work at my desk.

regards, Markus