I have a very specific problem and I'm not sure how to solve it, so I
thought I'd bring it here.

I'm trying to change the behavior of "Alt+Tab" to
  iconify current window
  deiconify, focus, and raise next.

In and of itself, this is easy, and works fine.

The problem I get is that I'd like to use Tavis Ormandy's excellent
thumbnail creation code.  This takes two seconds to run on my machine,
so my thought was to do it in the background - actually, to do it behind
the other Window.

So I implemented this with this function:
DestroyFunc SwitchandMinimize
AddToFunc SwitchandMinimize
+ I Next Iconify off
+ I Next Focus
+ I Next Raise
+ I ThumbnailAlways

Theoretically, it should do the quick stuff first, and leave me with a
window in the foreground that I can use even during those two seconds
that the other window is being iconified.

However, it doesn't work.  Initially, the next window is deiconified,
and raised, but the first window is thumbnailed before the next window
is given focus.  How can I make this function execute the code in the
order I've included it?