Oh, it seems I showed wrong wrong example. Actually, I have only a table stores photo articles, which are included in some categories (cat_id; i didn't use relationship but cat_id can be referred as foreign key). And the categories are divided into several pieces regarding what year a category is belonging.
So my current table structures are follows:

_Table Photos:
_id | cat_id | name | src | description | added_date

_Table Photo Categories_
id | year_id | type | name

_Table Photo Years_
id | year

By the way, I didn't mention the categories have its type. There are several types of photo such as ceremonial photos and regular photos. I have 2 different controllers, which show only photos with the same visual appearance. So I decided to store the photo information in a single table instead of creating 2 different named the same tables. In order to do that I needed to assign category type.

So my controller index page needs to show the same as the following:

2009
    - Category name 1 (50 photos)
    - Category name 2 (14 photos)
    - .......................
2008
    - Category name 5 (0 photos)

Each category that has photos will be a link, which shows all the photos thumbnails in it, and each photo will a link which shows bigger photo with description.

I'm not a professional programmer. Even I don't really know printing many kind of multidimensional arrays or many kind of objects and even php function related to this kind of things. Last a few days, I tried to solve this by myself, but still couldn't find any solution. Perhaps, I need to modify my table structure.

Currently, when I fetchall and echo Zend_Db returned object with foreach and if statements, I getting the following two different views:

2009
    - Category name 1 (150 photos)
2009
    - Category name 2 (14 photos)
2008
    - Category name 5 (0 photos)

OR

2009 2009
    - Category name 1 (150 photos)
    - Category name 2 (14 photos)
2008
    - Category name 5 (0 photos)

Really thank you Ralph and Daniel Latter for the reply.

Oh, Daniel Latter, I already tried GROUP BY clause to my SQL query. Unfortunately I couldn't echo the returned object. With my current echoing method (foreach ($this->object as $item)), only single years with single category were listed. :-D

---
Sincerely,

Enkhbilguun Erdenetsogt