Daniel Latter wrote:

> Post your controller (bare essentials) it may help, even to rule it out,
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Hi Dan,

Here's the controller:

====
class AlexController extends Zend_Controller_Action
{
    public function recordAction()
    {
        $this->_helper->viewRenderer->setNoRender();

        ini_set("max_execution_time", "10800"); // 10800 = 3 hours
        $config = new Zend_Config_Ini(APPLICATION_PATH .
'/configs/httpclient.ini', 'secure');
        $client = new Alex_Http_Client_Raw($config);
        $client->request();
    }

    public function playbackAction()
    {
        $config = new Zend_Config_Ini(APPLICATION_PATH .
'/configs/httpclient.ini', 'secure');

        switch (strtolower($config->storage->type)) {
            case 'shared memory':
            case 'shm':
                // create shared memory storage
                $storage = new
Alex_Http_Client_Storage_Shm($config->storage);
                break;

            case 'file':
            default:
                // create file storage
                $storage = new
Alex_Http_Client_Storage_File($config->storage);
                break;
        }
        $buf = $storage->read();
        $this->view->output = str_ireplace("&lt;/P&gt;", "&lt;/P&gt;<br />",
htmlentities($buf));
====
(This is a work in progress please forgive the code.)
The Record action connects to a remote server and listens on a socket for
data.  It then stores that data in either a file or shared memory so a
separate PHP script can access that data at any time (note the error occurs
regardless of the whether I use a file or shared memory).

So while I am testing this all I simply go to the URL: /alex/record to start
a process "recording" the data stream from the remote server.  I then go to:
/alex/playback which pulls out whatever has been stored (very small chunks
of data - about 200 bytes) and displays it on each page refresh.

Note that this all works - however it may be buggy and causing this error!
What's frustrating is that the error doesn't tell me much and happens
erratically so is hard to pin down as to what is causing it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.