umpirsky wrote:

> How did you do that? :)

I took care of most of the files using the magic of "perl -pi" for editing a
file in place:

find bin demos library tests -name '*.php' |
  xargs perl -pi -e 's# \* \...@copyright .*# * \...@copyright  Copyright (c)
2005-2010
  Zend Technologies USA Inc. (http://www.zend.com)#;'

(That command should be on one line of course.)

Then I searched for other occurrences of 'copyright' in any files, including
non-PHP files:

find bin demos documentation library tests -type f | \
  grep -v '/\.svn/' | \
  xargs grep -h -i 'copyright' | \
  sort | uniq -c | sort -n

I looked through the output and eliminated obvious false positives, and then
the remaining patterns were found in only a couple of dozen files, which I
edited by hand.

So, three tips for doing a task like this:

1. Not every task must be done in PHP.  Perl does have some advantages.
2. Not every task can be automated 100% easily.  Eliminate the low-hanging
fruit, and it's practical to do the remaining cases by hand.
3. Put on a podcast or some music to reduce the tedium. :-)

Regards,
Bill Karwin