On Jul 17, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Peter Haas wrote:

On Jul 17, 2010, at 3:47 PM, Amanda Ward wrote:

Any recommendations for an external disc burner for an iMac G5 (maybe Intel iMac) to do DVD/DL and lightscribe?

Buffalo, which has a Sony Optiarc super multi-burner inside a well designed case.

NewEgg no longer carries it, but it has a Lite-On which meets your requirements ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106342

I generally use internal SATA drives wherever possible, but having handy a USB burner, especially if it is bootable (as the Buffalo is) can be nice.

I just bought a LITE-ON 22X DVD Writer Black IDE Model iHAP422-98 LightScribe Support form Newegg for $24.00. for my PM G5 to replace a Pioneer CD?DVD burner.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from PM G5 2.7