Previously, at 1:29 PM -0600 11/19/10,  as Kris Tilford  so eloquently wrote:
>On Nov 19, 2010, at 1:15 PM, Paul Stamsen wrote:
>
>> PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D
>
>What does the verbose message say when you try to boot a disc using
>Cmd-v?
 It says it cannot connect with the DVD drive.
>Are you certain the jumpers aren't in conflict on the drives?

 Pretty sure. They worked fine before and I haven't changed any.

 p.

----System Information
Platform: Macintosh
System Version: 10.3.9
Processor: PowerPC G4
Physical RAM Installed: 1048,576K
Total RAM: 2097,148K
TCP/IP Version: OpenTransport
Main Video: 32 bit color at 1024x768 pixels
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D
----End System Information