yuhej wrote:
> I can see that Gambas can handle the serial ports which is a very good news
> for me.
> Can someone tell me how can I get the list of the serial ports of my
> computer? I wish to make an autodetect function and only allow to select
> from the working serial ports.
>
> Robi

I think you want /dev/ttyS0, ttyS1, etc...
Also, I don't have a serial port on my laptop, but my USB to serial
converter creates a device called /dev/ttyUSB0.  All these devices are
present on my system (Ubuntu latest), but I have no idea how to check if
they are valid.  Obviously, sending data to /dev/ttyS0 would do nothing
on my laptop.

You could setup handshaking routines to check and see if there's a
device that can respond on all of those devices.  Your device would have
to be able to do hardware or software handshaking though.  Other than
that, it's out of my league.