> Hi all,
> I just wanted to give you my 2 cents on the locales and Gambas.
> Having to manualy install into the system the locales that a gambas
> application supports in order to use them it's sort of weird...
> If the strings for a given language are there (and programmatically the
> "System.Language" is set to use them), why can't the Gambas app just use
> them?

It's not me, but the glibc that requires that. No idea why. If someone can
find a way to use the translation API of the glibc without having to install
the corresponding locale files, it will be a great help for everyone.

> On the other hand even if the system locale is really necessary in order
> to use a particular translation, it would be nice if the Gambas
> application packager could lookup the current available translations and
> add the corresponding system locales packages to the generated
> application package as a "suggested" ones.

Indeed. The problem is that all locale packages are different between
distributions, and the way they are named too. I must create a list of all
locale packages for each language, and each distributions supported by the IDE
(Mandriva, SuSE, Fedora, Ubuntu, Slackware). It is an huge job I cannot make
alone!

Benoît Minisini