Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
webkit is used by the gb.qt4.webkit component which is used by the Gambas IDE. If you don't install it, gbx3 doesn't caret, but you won't be able to compile the IDE.

Anyway, you must provide the full output of the './configure -C', 'make', and 'make install' process so that we can help you!

(2nd message - the first one was too long)

Ok. The first time I compiled, I found a few file containing "link ../blahblah". I think those file should have been mangled by m4 or other diabolic tools, but eventually it didn't happen. Instead of trying to understand, I simply corrected them (for example, a .h file containing "link ../gb.h" was modified in "#include "../gb.h"). May be this is important, may be not.

Anyway, after a few tries, the compilation succeeded, and a "make install" copied some files in relevant places. In particular, /usr/local/bin now contains:

   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       14 17 lug 16:25 gambas3 -> gambas3.gambas*
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  1766942 18 lug 11:13 gambas3.gambas*
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    82596 18 lug 13:41 gba3*
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   396676 18 lug 13:41 gbc3*
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    77891 18 lug 13:41 gbi3*
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root        4 18 lug 11:12 gbr3 -> gbx3*
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       11 17 lug 16:25 gbs3 -> gbs3.gambas*
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     6743 18 lug 11:13 gbs3.gambas*
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       11 17 lug 16:25 gbw3 -> gbs3.gambas*
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  1276342 18 lug 13:41 gbx3*

This leaded me to think that the compilation was almost ok. In particular, you can notice the presence of gambas3.gambas, which is generated by the compilation process, I suppose.

After that, a "gambas3" command replies with "gbr3: no project in ...". Asking on this list, I was replied that webkit is needed. It was installed, but it was too old. Upgraded it, and recompiled. Still the same error.

Debugging a little the gbr3 executable, I discovered that it can not find the symbol ".startup" in the archive (but other "files" exist in that archive).

Ok, go for the "normal" way. I attach the output of the compilation process. The compilation process breaks badly because of those "link ../blahblah". If you can tell me how to solve this problem (I have no idea), I can clean everything and start again. The ./configure command recreates some files, with those "link ../...", so the compilation fails. The log was generated by:

   ( ./configure -C; make; make install ) 2>&1 >all-log.txt
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libintl.so
   configure: WARNING: This library may be located inside the system C
   library
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libiconv.so
   configure: WARNING: This library may be located inside the system C
   library
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: bzlib.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libbz2.so
   configure: WARNING: bzlib2 compression is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: mysql.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: my_config.h
   configure: WARNING: MySQL driver is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: sql.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: sqlext.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: sqltypes.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libodbc.so
   configure: WARNING: ODBC driver is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libpq-fe.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: postgres.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: pg_type.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libpq.so
   configure: WARNING: PostgreSQL driver is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: sqlite.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libsqlite.so
   configure: WARNING: SQLite 2 driver is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: sqlite3.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libsqlite3.so
   configure: WARNING: SQLite 3 driver is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libfbclient.so
   configure: WARNING: firebird driver is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Advanced networking component is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: pcre.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libpcre.so
   configure: WARNING: Perl Compatible Regular Expression component is
   disabled
   configure: WARNING: SDL is disabled
   configure: WARNING: SDL sound is disabled
   configure: WARNING: XML parser component is disabled
   configure: WARNING: XSLT/XML parser component is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Video For Linux conversion library is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Video For Linux component is disabled
   configure: WARNING: GTK+ toolkit is disabled
   configure: WARNING: GTKglext toolkit is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: glew.h
   configure: WARNING: Unable to find file: libGLEW.so
   configure: WARNING: OpenGL support component is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Desktop-neutral routines is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Gnome desktop routines is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Poppler PDF library is disabled
   configure: WARNING: Image routines based on the Imlib2 library is
   disabled
   configure: WARNING: DBUS management is disabled
   Makefile:565: *** missing separator.  Stop.
   make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
   make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
   make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
   make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
   make: *** [all] Error 2
   Makefile:565: *** missing separator.  Stop.
   make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
   make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
   make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

The last error, "Makefile:565 missing separator" indicates a line in Makefile which contains "link ../component.am", but consider, I did succed in compile everything. Given my quick hack modifications, I would have expected some sort of error, but not the one related to "no project file...".

Regards,
Doriano